Thursday, September 2, 2010

My brain hurts.

After the first week of class, my brain hurts. I think I might have sprained something in there that hasn't been used in a while. I have read several chapters of the text book and am now working on case study questions. I am being asked to calculate total fertility rates, ponder why we calculate fertility and mortality rates differently, and think about how a rate would go up or down in any given circumstance. Ouch.

However, I will say that it is fairly interesting so far. I had no idea that the US does a census every ten years because it is mandated in the constitution to determine who/how many to put in the House of Representatives.

In other news, I am so ready for the heat of the summer to be over. I am looking forward to sweater weather. I want it to cool off a bit so the kids can play outside more. But, those leaves....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is just growing pains!