Saturday, April 10, 2010

Snootchy

"Mommy, you are very snootchy. I like being snootched up with you."

Yes, we use some made up words, and Emmett has adopted some of them. I really like the fact that he can be so affectionate. I will miss that as he gets older, because I know he won't be so forthright with his affection. Some other heartwarmers from him:

"You are the bestest mommy ever."

"I love you, I love you, I love you a whole lot" which he sang in his own made up tune.

He is so affected by other people's feelings, which I am glad for. When he saw a cartoon character get hurt, he started crying. When Molly gets fussy, he says "Its ok Molly, Mommy and Emmett are here." When his cousin was sad about a broken toy, he said "I know you are sad, but it will be ok."

I hope his empathy is something he doesn't lose.

No comments: