Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Seriously? How has so much time passed?

So this May will be my college 15th reunion. Next year, my high school 20 year reunion. I can't fathom how that is possible. I really can't fathom how old that makes me! Where has the time gone?

On one hand, it all seems like yesterday. Looking back at photos, it doesn't seem like it was all that long ago that I hung out with those folks, and did those things.

But, on the other hand, lets be real about what was happening 15-20 years ago. No one had a cell phone. Most students didn't have a computer. When I entered college, everyone brought a typewriter with word processor built in. No one had heard of the internet. We wrote letters. With paper and ink, not email. So, yea, it was a while ago.

Would I ever have guessed back then that I would be doing what I am doing today? No way. Not that I have done anything particularly out there or strange, but my best predictions would not have even been close. Funny how that is. Funny how if I had my best guess about 20 years from now, I'll probably be pretty off. Even funnier is that through all of everything, through all of what happens in life, I find that we are generally the same people we were 20 years ago. And we'll probably be pretty much the same in another 20.

No comments: