Monday, September 1, 2008

The first blog

Alright, so this is my first blog entry and this will be a bit of an experiment. I thought it would be good writing exercise as well as to get my rants and raves out. We'll just have to see how it goes.  

Right now Sarah Palin is on my mind, and here is what I think. I think it is a move to try and recruit those who would have voted for Hillary because she is a woman. Well, I hope that the women voters will realize that it is more important to put the right person in office and not just put somebody in because they are female and will "make history." What good will it do to put a woman in office if that administration goes down in history as crap, or mediocre at best (which would be my prediction). And... lets talk about the fact that Ms. Palin gave birth to her child and returned to work after 3 days. This doesn't sound like someone who really has "family values" at the front of her agenda. I value balance in career and family. And if she really is so career-driven as to seek the VP office, what is she doing having 5 children? Just a thought. 

Ok, that's all I will say about that right now. Mostly I intend to blog about being a mom and all the issues around that.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Welcome to the blogging world! (I found you since someone clicked on the links to the right) I love having a blog and it is a great way to create a virtual mothering community. I also bind my blog into books to keep for the future!

I've got some choice words about Palin as well.