Sunday, September 7, 2008

Phd in Cars the Movie


I have seen Cars the movie a few times. Ok, more like 5 bazillion times. And I don't think that is an exaggeration. My husband and I could out quote anyone, anyday. Needless to say, my little guy loves this movie. 

The more I see the movie, the more I notice about it. It was after several viewings that I noticed the gas station was in the shape of an engine. But, now I am noticing all the detail -- like how the shadow is always in the right size and direction. How do they do this? And the reflections in the metallic cars and in water. Really, how do they do this? I find it amazing. 

Then it is all the things that you can tell they spent an enormous amount of time thinking through. Have you noticed when Mater gets excited that he wags his tow cable like a dog? The ways they decided to show emotion is so well thought out. 

So what does this mean? It means that having a toddler only leaves you time to ponder the depth of a Pixar film. 

Has anyone written a dissertation on Cars? Maybe I will.

No comments: