Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Potty

It is naptime! But, I think my time is running out.... I hear him stirring, so we'll see how far I get. My little guy turned 2 in June. On one hand, it is hard to remember before him, on the other hand, the time has just flown by. He is getting to be such a little person!  

I never knew before I was a mom how exciting it would be the first time you see your child pee on the potty. We were at the mall today and went to one of those Family Bathrooms. You know, the one with the adult potty and the kiddie potty, and the adult sink, and kiddie sink. I had just finished changing his diaper and he spied the kiddie potty and said, "Mommy, I need to pee." Thinking he had just seen the older kids at his day care, I indulged the idea, and said "OK". I propped him up on the potty, and what did he do? He actually peed! Who knew? I, of course, said "Yea! Look at you! You peed just like a big boy! What a great job!" He was very proud of himself. Now, I know it might be a fluke, but at least we are headed in the direction of diaperless land, and it is very exciting. I see some shopping for a kiddy potty and potty training books coming up soon.

I really have some more things I want to talk about soon... breastfeeding, patience, and circumcision are chief among them. 

No comments: