Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New house, big boy bed

We are going to be moving to a new house soon. And my little guy will have a new room. I am hoping that the transition will go well. When we sold out last house, the buyers wanted a quick closing. So we are currently in an apartment until we close on our house. He did pretty well when we moved in here -- just a bit clingy with his toys and things.

I want to do what I can to get him excited about the new house. Also, we are transitioning his bed at the same time. I hope that this is not a bad idea. When we went from our last house to the apt, he moved from crib to a mattress on the floor. When we move again, we are hoping to go to the big boy bed! 

So, I want to buy cool sheets for his bed. And a new quilt. Probably something with cars or trains on them. Pottery Barn Kids has some cute stuff, but do I want to pay that much? Not sure what I'll get yet.

And we also want to get a play kitchen for his play area so he'll have something new to play with. This is the one we are thinking about...



He'll have "stainless steel" appliances and "granite" countertops. Is it bad that his kitchen will be fancier than ours?

No comments: