Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day of Rest

Usually I work Mon, Tues and Weds and the kids are in child care those days as well. Because of being short staffed at work, I had today off and I will have to work on Saturday. But, the kids still went to day care and I had a day to myself! The day started off with a visit to the chiropractor at 7:15 am (pregnancy, birth and hauling small children is not good for your back, by the way), then met up with hubby for breakfast at Bojangles. It was kinda like a date! Then he went off to work and I went back home as I needed to pump.

I had all sorts of ideas of what I could do. I could file papers, go test drive a minivan, buy some clothes for the kids, clean the garage, work on other projects. etc. But, because I was pretty tired (see previous posts discussions of lack of sleep) I decided I would enjoy the luxury of a quiet house and take a nap. At 11am I laid down for a nap. I slept hard. I didn't wake up til 2pm. Although it was longer than I thought, it was awesome! I felt so much better having had that nap. I just so needed it!

After that I just decided that today would be a day of rest, and not a day of getting projects done. Then I went out and sat in the sun for a bit. It was so nice and warm today. Then another pumping, and a little Oprah, and before I knew it, it was time to go get the kids.

I think the whole school was outside playing when I got there. As soon as she saw me, Molly speed-crawled toward me, and Emmett was excited that I was there as well. I don't usually have the opportunity to go to their school because I work 12 hour days, so my husband usually does the drop off and pick up. It is nice to have the chance to do that every now and then.

Alas, the day went by super quick. But, it was so nice to just rest, and enjoy the weather.

No comments: